Hi. Welcome to the pity party.
Jokes. I'm doing great, actually. I'm operating on a ton of sleep and a tiny remnant of motivation to get me through this last paper and all four finals. I've missed our online community. Please don't go away! I promise I'll start writing again once school tapers to an end. In case you were wondering what I've been up to in my long absence.....
1. FRENCH FRIES. I have an obsession.
2. Right now, I have 17 tabs open, all about Jews and Christmas and turn-of-the-century New York. I've got six library books in my backpack. They're about Jews and Christmas and turn-of-the-century New York too. I've been researching for months, mostly to procrastinate on actually writing the paper. Yesterday I found these gems in old New York newspapers:
(Did she volunteer this herself? Poor Miss Bennett.)
I laughed so hard and so long at this headline.
Weary of single blessedness, indeed!
3. I sent this to my freshman friend at midnight to make her laugh because she was studying for finals. I wasn't studying, obviously. Also, yay community bathrooms?
4. Roomie selfie! We woke up super early on Saturday morning to write papers at Jilly Beans, a local coffee place. It's absolutely adorable. That couch was amazingly comfy. (No, I didn't write my paper. I ended up reading things. And Facebook. Sigh. You know I'm stressed if I'm religiously checking social media.)
My roommate shared her coffee with me, and I wanted to cry. YUCK. Not a coffee person!
5. Despite how much I despise coffee, I bought a huge caramel mocha. I drank most of it. It was suicide every. single. sip.
6. My favorite thing to do recently is watch funny cat videos. This one and this one and THIS ONE are my favorites. If you're stressed, grab a friend to snuggle with and then watch cat videos until you snort cry. It's the most cathartic experience available to busy modern people.
What are you doing? What are you thinking about?
What makes you de-stress during busy times?