17 Step Monday Morning Workout

8:00 AM


1. Slowly guilt yourself into rolling out of bed and exercising like all your resolutions said you would.

2. Two hours later, roll out of bed and look up YouTube workouts. Hey -- 7 minute workout. Perf.

3. Clean up your bedroom floor to create a 4x4 exercise space.

4. Do jumping jacks for thirty seconds. Psh. Piece of cake. I could do this all day.

5. Do push-ups for thirty seconds. Why, hello there, Floor. Meet my face.

6. Do a normal squat.

7. Do a non-normal squat with one leg in the air.

8. Push-ups again. For the love of living....

9. Squats again. Other leg.

10. More push-ups.

11. More squats.

12. More push-ups. Modified version: lie face down and don't move. Groan occasionally.

13. High knee run.

14. Tada! You're done! Wasn't that awesome?

15. Slink down the stairs in total misery.

16. Pour yourself a glass of water. Wow. I didn't know I could pour the Britta water filter out too.

17. Sit on the floor for an indefinite amount of time and contemplate your pitiable existence. I feel fat. I'm 115ish pounds and apparently none of it is muscle. F-A-T.

What are you waiting for? Get moving!

What's your morning workout routine...or lack thereof?

Photo Creds to mora4ka.

You Might Also Like

6 impressions

  1. HA! Good post!

    I have a different modified push-up for you besides the face-down on the floor one. I have bad wrists, so I can't do floor push-ups. I do them against a wall. Obviously, the farther your feet are from the wall, the more difficult--and effective--the push-ups (push-outs?) will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My co-worship leader and I tried out your modified push ups as well as other stress relieving poses during VBS last night. It was great. ;)

      Delete
  2. I've loved that picture ever since I found it on Pinterest - not only is that girl shaped exactly like me, but she perfectly embodies my version of planks!!

    Seriously, though, pretty much the only workout routine I can tolerate is blasting something really loud in my headphones - either a thrilling movie or the loudest rock music I can stand - and walking on the treadmill with my eyes closed. It sounds bizarre, but if I can lose myself in the music or the movie and try to forget that I'm working out, I can actually walk for many uphill miles before stopping.

    On off days, I also look up old Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" videos on YouTube and do those. Don't write off that man because he's a bit sparkly and flaky. Those workouts are TORTURE for couch potatoes.

    Keep up the good work!!! <3

    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I don't know if this is your problem, but running bores me. Exercising in general bores me. I like to listen to sermons on the like one occasion I did so......

      I am now terrified of all YouTube workout videos.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha. I like certain workouts but hate certain things like running, or planks, or more than 10 pushups, and let's not talk about squats...

    I actually love the blogilates youtube channel and have started working out to the Beginner's Calendar. It's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! And thanks for the workout suggestion --- I'm going to check that out!

      Delete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)