What do you think of this blog?

4:16 PM

Click here for the survey link!
Hello, 290 friends! It's been pretty quiet around here, yeah? You've stuck around through my stay-at-home daughter phase, my college adventures, my attempts at first love, my many ups and downs as a writer, student, Christian, and regular old person. I'm curious as to why you're here. I'm curious as to how to reach a larger audience. I'm interested in stretching myself as a blogger, maybe turning it into a side business, mostly just creating a space for conversation and friendship.

That's why I wrangled with Paint to create this hideous button that will soon go up on the side bar. (In my defense, the colors look different now that my frustration has subsided. Yikes.) If you click on the link, you'll go to a survey with a few questions (just a few, I promise). I want to know your honest, anonymous opinions on why you do or don't read. 

Click here for the brief survey!

Future updates: a Facebook page with even more random comments and thoughts, daily posts, more opportunities to promote and be promoted on this blog, and maybe even a name change (again). I might even change the URL. If you like these ideas, check out the survey!

UPDATE: Thank you to EVERYONE who has taken the survey! I'm so encouraged by all the comments and suggestions. I appreciate this so much. The survey's still open, so if you haven't taken it, please do!

You Might Also Like

7 impressions

  1. Your blog is thought-provoking and encouraging. Thank you for taking the time to write! I enjoy each and every post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This encourages me so much, Carleigh! I enjoy writing just for the sake of writing and thinking and, frankly, making myself LOL when I need a good laugh. But it means so much to me that other people take time to read and think with me!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog... I guess I follow it because I know you a little bit and your family... It is really nice though. :) I read most of the posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and responding, Josephine! I'm glad to know you too! :D

      Delete
  3. None of the answers to the first question of the survey really captured my perspective: I read (just about) every post, with varying thoroughness, eventually, but because I am and tend to get so far behind on everything I often don't get around to actually reading them until months after they're written.

    I don't remember how I eventually stumbled on this blog, or when (though mid-2011 is likely), but I added it to my blog-reader---and kept it there through my occasional attempts to "simplify!" and limit future "data backlog" by reducing the number of subscriptions---because I was delighted to read a young writer who wrote engagingly, thought sensibly, and argued eloquently about subjects I was and am interested and passionate about.

    The only idea I could suggest for going forward is "Keep up the good work."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You have no idea how much I appreciate this thoughtful comment...especially that my blog stuck around through RSS feed cleaning!! :D Thanks for reading, Jonathan!

      Delete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)