Praise befits the upright.
Sing to him a new song,
for the word of LORD is upright,
and all his work is done in faithfulness.
Confession: I've been a full-out wet blanket this entire year. (You've noticed, of course.) This post is not another recounting of my faults and despair -- it's a declaration of hope and redemption. To keep my heart in check and track my progress from living in a slump to radiating with joy, I'm starting a daily log in my devotional journal. Here's what it looks like.
Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O LORD,
be upon us,
even as we hope in you.
Today I'm thankful that/for. . . . . . . . . .
- nothing can hold me down
- I hold the reins to choose either despair or joy
- today the joy of the Lord is my strength
- Caroline's goofy comments
- Daniel's attempts to comfort me
- Erich :)
- swimming in cold, cold water at 7:30 in the morning
- comfy pajama pants
- Sharpie markers!
- craft projects
- my little marked-up ESV Bible
- deep online articles
- strategy games with my boy (ending with my inevitable loss)
- texts from my best friend
- having my mom look out for me
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed.
Today I'm praying for. . . . . . . . . . . . .
- Bethany as she counsels middle school girls
- my college girlfriend who feels sick
- my best friend -- just 'cause
- blessing, joy, strength and focus for upcoming school year
- my camp girls and co-counselor (yet to be announced)
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him have no lack!
psalm 34:8,9Today I'm planning to. . . . . . . . . . . . .
- go on a walk with my family
- write Grandmamma a letter
- write a blog post (check!)
- sing a new song
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
The LORD redeems the life of his servants;
none of those who take refuge in
him will be condemned.