18

5:38 PM

Eighteen years. I've been lying about my age, saying it makes me feel old. It doesn't. For the first time, because I know Christ Himself, I know who I am. I know my purpose and my goals. I've stopped just "growing up" -- at least I've stopped thinking about it like that. Every year, I feel fuller -- made more memories, strengthened my passion, fulfilled some dreams, started the groundwork for others. I've loved and been loved. I've taken risks and grown more confident.

Grown. It's a good, strong word for an eighteenth birthday. I've grown, I've changed, I've loved every second of this. Seventeen was amazing, and eighteen? Bring it on.

I love life.

p.s. Thank you, dear blog friends! Your questions, heart-to-hearts, challenges and encouragement have strengthened me at a very crucial point in my life journey. I love you all and hope for many more years of journeying together!

You Might Also Like

15 impressions

  1. Happy Birthday, Bailey! May the year you are eighteen be even fuller than this past year! May it brim to overflowing with growth in Christ and passion for His Gospel!

    Love in Christ,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Hope you had an amazing birthday, Bailey!!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Bailey!!! Welcome to adulthood! ;-) Best wishes for this next year of your life - may God bless you in every way. =)

    - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Happy birthday!! (And I just asked you how old you were...hehe.) Isn't it fun all the things we can legally do at the ripe old age of 18? Smoke, sign our own release forms so we can authorize unsafe activities... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Bailey!

    Wow, you've reached a big turning point. Congratulations and I hope you love this next year! I'm looking forward to hearing your posts as you move to Hillsdale and the big academic world.

    (By the way, I'm going to send you a friend request, so if you see a random Melody Joy person show up, it's me. But if you don't want to accept it, that's fine. I understand if you don't want to fill up your page too much.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday, Bailey!! I know that your eighteenth year will be full of wonderful discoveries, experiences, friends, and memories. I feel very blessed to have you as a cyberfriend and to witness your exuberance and enthusiasm for life. I hope you have a simply fabulous birthday with lots of friends and fun (and CAKE)!!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Bethany, you are terrible. :-) There are a lot more positive things about being 18. You can vote!!!!! You missed the governor recall election, though. You can enter drawings/contests that you can only enter if you're 18(and a legal US citizen). Of course, who knows if you'll ever enter any of those contests? I never have. Oh, and you can buy medicine, too. Cough syrup and stuff. I've never had to do that, either, but if you do, be ready to show some ID. And you have to be 18 to buy super glue, did you know that?

    Anyway, happy birthday, Bailey! I sent you a happy birthday text on your b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to a most dearest friend♥ I love you Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest of 18th Birthdays, Bailey. I can't wait to see what you will experience in the next year. May your days be FILLED with His glory in the most amazing and unexpected ways. big love -- Cass @ the unplugged family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, need I say happy birthday again? But just in case, happy birthday. :)

    And yikes. You have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy birthday, Bailey. You are such a strong light for Christ and I hope you had a wonderful day. =)

    xoAnnaKate
    godlygirlz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Bailey! Let me tell you, it's going to be an amazing year. God has done so much with you already; we probably can't imagine the epic plans he has for your life!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Bailey!

    I must have been following your blog for over a year now, because I remember you turning 17. Wow! How time flies! :-)

    Adele

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)