"Today, I Am Excited about Everything"3:23 AM
quote by Jessica Shae
And I am. Couldn't even stay asleep last night because I was so stinkin' excited for today. What's today? Oh, it's just today, with nothing really going on.
That's the exciting part. Anything could happen. Anything does happen. And no matter what happens, there is always grace. There is always tomorrow. There is always God.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who are being guarded for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. -- 1 PETER 1:3-5
REASONS FOR SUPREME, UNENDING AND UNWARRANTED EXCITEMENT
1. Biochemistry, college algebra and Strunk & White's The Elements of Style. I started 12.5th grade this week because life's too short and spring too long to not study. (I'm hardcore nerd.) If you ever get bored, check your daddy's shelf for old college textbooks. You won't regret it.
2. Special siblings. I've got these guys all to myself this spring and summer, so we're going to go the park, eat at McDonald's, create Build-a-Bears, shoot hoops, discuss the nuances of Jurassic Park 24/7, dance and laugh like crazy.
3. Graduation. It's just too much fun -- snapping senior photos, designing invitations, crafting speeches, planning with friends over dessert at Perkins. Am I really done with high school??
4. Reading lists. Since I'd be the 106th hold on The Hunger Games at the library, I'm digging mostly theology and devotionals by my favorite authors -- David Platt, Francis Chan, John Piper, Jerry Bridges.
5. Composing. Actually, more like banging through chords to Chris Tomlin's "All to Us." I'm no Bach, but it's fun making up accompaniment from sample music sheets, guitar chords and helpful YouTube videos. Oh, and I'm thinking about taking up guitar in my spare time...which will be hilarious. Just saying.
6. The Obsession. I've got a million ideas, praises, stories and hopes for this amazing life. Everything is so new and different, and every day brings some awesome God-surprise. I'm 100% certain I want to spend 100% of me spreading this life-changing Gospel.
|"I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls." -- AUDREY HEPBURN|
|"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word I am saying." -- OSCAR WILDE|
|"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -- DOROTHY PARKER|
|"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -- LAO TZU|
|"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." -- OSCAR WILDE|
|Life at its best -- driving in the middle of nowhere with only 1 gallon of gas.|
|"I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature." -- NORTHANGER ABBEY|
|"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- ALBERT EINSTEIN|