"Today, I Am Excited about Everything"

3:23 AM

quote by Jessica Shae

And I am. Couldn't even stay asleep last night because I was so stinkin' excited for today. What's today? Oh, it's just today, with nothing really going on. 

That's the exciting part. Anything could happen. Anything does happen. And no matter what happens, there is always grace. There is always tomorrow. There is always God.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who are being guarded for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. -- 1 PETER 1:3-5
REASONS FOR SUPREME, UNENDING AND UNWARRANTED EXCITEMENT

1. Biochemistry, college algebra and Strunk & White's The Elements of Style. I started 12.5th grade this week because life's too short and spring too long to not study. (I'm hardcore nerd.) If you ever get bored, check your daddy's shelf for old college textbooks. You won't regret it.

2. Special siblings. I've got these guys all to myself this spring and summer, so we're going to go the park, eat at McDonald's, create Build-a-Bears, shoot hoops, discuss the nuances of Jurassic Park 24/7, dance and laugh like crazy.

3. Graduation. It's just too much fun -- snapping senior photos, designing invitations, crafting speeches, planning with friends over dessert at Perkins. Am I really done with high school??

4. Reading lists. Since I'd be the 106th hold on The Hunger Games at the library, I'm digging mostly theology and devotionals by my favorite authors -- David Platt, Francis Chan, John Piper, Jerry Bridges.

5. Composing. Actually, more like banging through chords to Chris Tomlin's "All to Us." I'm no Bach, but it's fun making up accompaniment from sample music sheets, guitar chords and helpful YouTube videos. Oh, and I'm thinking about taking up guitar in my spare time...which will be hilarious. Just saying.

6. The Obsession. I've got a million ideas, praises, stories and hopes for this amazing life. Everything is so new and different, and every day brings some awesome God-surprise. I'm 100% certain I want to spend 100% of me spreading this life-changing Gospel.
"I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls." -- AUDREY HEPBURN
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word I am saying." -- OSCAR WILDE
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -- DOROTHY PARKER

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -- LAO TZU
"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." -- OSCAR WILDE
Life at its best -- driving in the middle of nowhere with only 1 gallon of gas.

"I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature." -- NORTHANGER ABBEY

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -- ALBERT EINSTEIN

You Might Also Like

11 impressions

  1. enjoy this season! I loved graduation -- of course it helped I got to do with 3 awesome girls :) pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You snapping senior photos? And why did you post all the unedited ones? ;)

    Oh, and we're starting guitar today - once I remember how to play it. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry too much about being 106 on the holds list, because people will get discouraged, and drop their place. I was position 502 for The Help--2 1/2 weeks later, I am 344, ;) Love those pictures of you, and agree with the gallon of gas comment. In our house, it is a given that if the gas tank is full, we are incapable of getting lost. Hence, as you may have guessed, the reverse is also true. Ritzy residential areas are easy to get lost in, especially if your brain has been fried from a long hot day of garage saling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made my day. It's just so bright, happy, and cheerful. [:

    By the way, you look gorgeous. No doubt about it. Ahhh! You better be prepared for all those boys lining up at your dorm for you this fall. ;P

    You know what? I've been really happy lately. For no reason, actually. Things haven't been going my way recently, startling suprises have popped up, and yet, I am just happy. Content. Free. [:

    Which reminds me....we need to chat again soon. [:

    xoxo
    Alexxus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guitar? Oh, yes dear. You should try it. I'll teach you guitar, if you'll teach me piano. Deal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charis -- Three cheers for special graduating buddies!

    Bethany -- Oh, I assumed you liked snapping photos...at least, I liked you snapping photos.....

    Anonymous -- Garage saling. Ugh. Getting lost in rich places? Priceless. I get lost at dead ends and long stretches of tangled country road. Woohoo!

    Alexxus!! Hey, did I ever tell you I love you? You make me happy too. We definitely need to chat soon! Can one teach piano/guitar over the phone? We should try it.(And rotflol to your boy comment...wow. Any kid who's that shallow gets the automatic boot. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog yesterday and spent half the day reading through old posts all the way back to Adam (well, maybe just the Flood), and I would be officially following except that every time I hit the "follow" button my computer chokes. Oh well. On to the post:

    1. Strunk & White are awesome. As are old textbooks from daddy's shelf. I found several years worth of German materials that way.

    2. Oh yeah, I have siblings too. And being nerdy and a hermit isn't an excuse to ignore them. Thanks for the reminder to spend time with them this spring and summer.

    3. Congratulations on graduation! I'm still stuck in the Slough of Despond, a.k.a the four weeks before the AP test date where one disappears into the books and prays that not too many of the questions refer to lab equipment one never saw.

    4. Eh, The Hunger Games is overrated, anyway. I mean, really, a book about hopeless dystopia and kids killing each other? So not what I want to read. Pass me another C.S. Lewis. And good for you on the theology. I've never managed to read much of it before getting diverted into something else.

    5. Go for it! I took up guitar in my spare time the summer before last, and I'm so glad I did.

    6. I've read your posts on the Obsession with a sort of half-fearful, half-doubting hanging back, and I don't think I have anything to say yet.

    Anyway, that's the long comment from this new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it can be acomplished one way or another. Mhm. We shall attempt it sometime. ;)

    Oh, hush. You know it's true. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photos of Bailey! With *braided* hair! Quite a rarity ;)

    Also, you changed your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! And by the way, I tagged you. See my blog for details: www.christsinstrument.blogspot.com

    :-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your pictures. :) I am graduating this spring, with our homeschool group. There are three of us (two girls, one guy) and we are trying to think of something we can do together that doesn't require much prep. We all have different work and school schedules. :P
    Have fun going to college! I'm hoping to go to a college very far away next year, and my little sister will only be four. :( But at the same time I'm getting super excited already.
    Keep up the good work blogging.
    Justine

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)