Coming to a Town Near You

7:49 AM

Best Friends Forever
We call it a God-thing -- when God comes on the scene. He's been coming onto the scene a lot lately. The day we began praying for revival, the very day, another girl surrendered her life to Jesus. We were a threesome until yet another girl surrendered, and now we are four with one heart, one goal, one God. Our weapons of choice: prayer and cell phones. And what God is doing is too big to fit into one text message. (Sorry about the phone bill, Daddy!)

It's not just the foursome, though. I'm in a group of young people who love Jesus, who mentor me and pray for me, who listen when I can't find the words. We're in middle school, high school, college. At first I thought it just an ordinary blessing that I, friendless for so long, would have so many on-fire-for-Jesus friends.

Not quite.

When Jesus called me to give Him everything, and when He called the other three to do it too, it finally hit us: we're here for a reason. Not just a "good Christian fellowship" reason. A reason reason. A divine purpose. A God-thing.

He knew we couldn't (or wouldn't?) be radical alone...that we needed hugs and late-night text messages and two hour conversations held twice a week. We're teens, not super Christians. But He didn't bring us together so we could be built up our own group. He brought us together so that we could go out, backed by prayer warriors who know us backwards and forwards and speak encouragement and exude Jesus-love. Right now we're growing, growing, growing like crazy; our prayers and tears are being answered; our lives are making a difference; and God is getting all the glory.

It got me thinking about you girls -- yes, you. You've shared your fears, your pain, your joys, your God moments with me. I've seen you strike out in faith. I've seen you respond to God's call. It's mind-boggling how many beautiful souls congregate on this blog -- beautiful because they are tender and open. I've been praying specifically for many of you (you know who you are!), and it's thrilling to see how you're growing.

Just so you know? Revival is coming your way. God is on the move. So many of you are at a place where you're about to grab hold of the Obsession. Your lives are about to change -- forever. And I think He's brought us all together for a reason. I see God raising up a generation of girls who are tired of trading radical Christianity for the American dream, who want to experience God firsthand instead of put up religious masks, who desire Jesus more than anything.

We need to band together. I'm only a few weeks into the Obsession, and it's stinkin' hard. Not because it isn't worth it but because it is. Many of you already know that. Some have given up. But we can't give up -- not when God is just getting started.

I want to encourage you today to press into God, go low and never settle for the status quo. You're made for more. And I want to hear from you -- do you have any questions about the Obsession, anything you need specific prayer for, any encouragement that I can give? I'm nothing, really, and I could use just as much prayer and help as anybody else. But since I have been given so much grace, I want to share that grace with you.

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us.
1 JOHN 4:16

You Might Also Like

20 impressions

  1. Hi Bailey!

    I'm afraid I don't find the time to comment on your blog all that often (college, you know), but let me tell you every post you write encourages me so much. These that you have been posting lately have been so beautiful--to see your love for God and desire just to know Him! Believe me, it's encouraged me so much, and I've been praying for the exact same thing for my own life.

    I'm not sure if this exactly fits the theme of your post, but I do have a prayer request that I'd be so thankful for some prayer about. I have a friend at school, who I really need to witness to. I want to do it, but I'm scared....scared that I won't know what to say or I'll end up making a mess of everything. Scared, too, that this friend won't like me anymore, when I do this. I know none of those should keep me back, so I'm praying, praying. Would you pray too?

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you're doing something I rarely have the courage (or opportunity) to do. It's hard for me to talk about what God's doing in my life even to fellow Christians: it's even scarier to share Jesus with an unsaved friend...especially when you feel (know?) you're going to bungle it.

    Maybe, since you're friends already, you can go a more nonthreatening route -- write her a note explaining how much you care about her and what you wish she knew, or tell her you're praying for her and want to know if there's anything she needs prayer for specifically. You're authentic, Amy, and even if she doesn't agree with you, she won't be able to deny that you're authentic and caring. I think the Lord places people on our hearts...and if He does, then He's going to come through for you. That's how the lost get found. I'm definitely praying for you!! Let me know how God works through your obedience. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey,

    I admire you, and I am rooting you on. It has blessed me to read about your journey, and I'd love to know how I can pray for YOU! God does have big plans for you. You are unique. You are bold, and you are seeking after the truth. That's a powerful combination. I am excited for you!

    I've had one prayer request that has been pressing hard upon my heart lately. I love my Jesus, but I want to love Him more. I want to become sold out for Him. I love Him, but I find myself living for myself, living for the present, over and over again. I'm tired of it. I want to die to myself entirely. I want to live for Him, as hard as I can, with all of my heart, until I am consumed. I'm waiting for the obsession, too.

    What a God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! I need it bad sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go - sister who makes me cry. ;)

    What do I say? Can you possibly fit emotions of complete, utter excitment in a blog comment? Nope.

    *bursts*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Bailey!

    Would you mind if I reply to your comment through an email? (I already have your address :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course not, Amy! Hey, we could even IM each other on Skype. ;o)

    Julia, consider yourself prayed for. You know how I said before how things don't need figuring out as much as accepting? I think you already have the Obsession for two reasons: (1) You're obsessed with being obsessed about it and (2) we already have everything we need in Christ. You only need to step out in faith -- which He's happy to supply, too. To be honest, that's exactly how I "got" the Obsession. I kept praying for it and praying for it and waiting and then it was like, "Wait -- I'm already obsessed." It's totally God. God continues to amaze me with how much He's working in you. Even through this limited world of blogdom, I've seen you grow and desire Jesus more than anything. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I need prayer for...a lot, of course, but I'm searching for the condensed version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, skype :-) That would be so awesome! *happy dance* We should :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bailey -- these posts and encouragement is what I'm needing right now...I'm struggling but I so want to go higher to know my Jesus, to dig deeper...blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the encouragement, Bailey! I often don't feel very special or useful to God; but I pray that you're right, that He's just preparing me for something I can't see yet. :-)

    Everyone who has commented so far is right, too, by the way; you are a great encouragement to us and we love you! :-)

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll put my response in an email. [:

    *hugs*
    Alexxus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bailey,
    You are doing a great work for Christ. Keep listening to his calling.

    One of the things I'm working on right now is just downright praising God for who he is. Not what he has done...who HE IS. You really wouldn't think it would be that hard, but it can be.

    I'll be praying for you and any prayers for myself would be so appreciated!

    --Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I truly believe that something big is coming my way! I have been having a very hard last couple of weeks, spiritually, just feeling so far away from God, but I believe that He is moving, and that this is going to turn out better than I could have imagined! I know you have alot of people to pray for, but if you get a minute, I would love for you to pray for me, that this would reach a break-through, soon. Thank you for all the encouragement you give on your blog, it has been so instrumental in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'm very close to being Obsessed, but I'm finding it very hard at times to let go and trust that the Lord has a meaning for my seeming meaninglessness. It's not easy being uprooted from one home and culture (Nashville, TN), to a completely different culture and worldview (rural MN), and there are times when I feel as if this is all just a futile waste of emotional energy to even care about it. But He has called me to love, even when I just want to curl up in a little ball inside while outwardly preserving the appearance of care. And every time the Lord opens my heart, every time he picks me up after a painful fall (fail?), every time he gives encouragement through others, I have to choose Him and what he has for my life here.

    But more than anything else, I want Him. I want His will to be done in my life. I want His love to overpower me and empower me. When others look at me and my passions, I want them to see Him and His passions. I almost don't like asking this because I know how many others there are who have also asked for prayer, but will you pray for me that I can receive the grace to let go? Letting go and losing control has always been my biggest fear in life (which is why I loath change with everything in me), but I know that to be Obsessed with Him, I will have to let go of everything else. I know that I want Him more. I just need the grace to let go gracefully.

    And just so you know, He is already using you in a radical way Bailey. Thank you for this ministry of words. Every time I read something on your blog, the Lord tells me something, reveals Himself further, and comforts me even more. Thank you so much for being a vessel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kendra, that's a beautiful desire God's given you. Go for it.

    Oh, my goodness, Lindsey, I could have said the EXACT SAME THING a couple days ago -- feeling far away but super excited all at the same time. I know the secret to the breakthrough now...I'll be writing about it tomorrow, but in the meantime know that I'm praying for you!

    Oh, Madison...can you see how God has given you this all-consuming desire? A desire that transcends your weaknesses, the changes, the hard days? It's all God, and you radiate God-love. I know how hard it is to let go...to find the grace in God's "no"...so, so hard. I want to give you a silver bullet to take away how hard the surrender is. But I can't. I'm praying for you, sweet friend -- and we know that He DOES give grace. He will give you grace, Madison. He has given grace. You've already overcome. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  17. *cough, cough.* :)

    Thank you so much for your prayers, dear. I know that God is working. yet, I still find myself thinking, "there has to be more. Lindsey, you have to find it." I've had some awesome prayer times. and I am so ready for Jesus to swoop down and change my life forever.

    As for a community of friends, I have a beautiful group of fully obsessed girls. I am so blessed. It's like you described, we are always praying for each other, can tell each other anything. God is so very good.

    Looking forward to reading your next post. :)

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bailey, your posts are so encouraging to me. Thank you for pouring yourself out to us. Please just know how many people your truly blessing . Praise be to God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I am so overwhelmed with all the God-explosions on this blog! I've heard stories, but to see it firsthand is absolutely incredible.

    I hope all of you girls know just how radient you are; your tenderness towards God is inspiring. I also hope you know how much this moves God. He said that He is moved at a glance and you girls won't settle for anything less than a fixed gaze.

    Lastly, from knowing Bailey, I hope all you girls know that praying for you all is what she looks forward to and the highlight of her day. You should see all the sticky notes on her computer; a note for each of your names. I know for a fact that she is anticipating how God is moving in your lives- and now so am I!

    ~Yet another Lindsey to unite

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)