Attenciones!

11:58 PM

No, I do not speak Spanish. You probably don't either. I just love inserting cultural flair. Plus I haven't the slightest idea of what to title this post. Plus Spanish is awesome, period. Am I the only person who loves reading labels in foreign languages? Those yellow slippery floor signs get so much better when attenciones accompanies the ho-hum English warning. I think I've read the Spanish instructions on the backs of all our soap dispensers and the French manufacturing details off the Kleenex boxes scattered about the house. It's addicting.

Speaking of germs (I was, anyway), I take health. First aid and food pyramids (technically a food plate now because pyramids are so yesterday). Apparently, growing up in a family of nurses and doctors does not count for high school credit. Which is disappointing, because homeschoolers don't get those screaming plastic babies that simulate real-life parenthood. We get the real deal. Try assisting in potty training between brushing your teeth and picking out the day's outfit.

Wait. Are screaming plastic babies part of health class? I don't know.

I was talking of health, wasn't I? I was. Though strangely, health isn't just or mainly about anatomy, dieting and feeling guilty for not being an Olympic triathlete. I learn interesting things like how advertising glamorizes poor decisions and discovering my personal level of stress and celebrating how awesome I am. I made a poster about it, thank you very much. I knew there was a reason my kindergarten teacher made me cut and paste.

Right now, the week's on love. And dating. And mawwiage. Exciting, no?


Kind of. What makes me excited is getting a chance to hear from you. One of the activities is interviewing a bunch of young people on their dating/courting ideas and their definition of The Perfect One. And since a good many of you have had your weddings planned since kindergarten, I figured you might have something to say.

Ready, set, go. Leave your answers to the questions and any additional thoughts in the comment section. You can post anonymously or email me too if you feel your answers are incriminatingly insightful. I'll pull it all together and present the results in a special blog post written by YOU. And I'll get high school credit for it. And you'll get to talk about love. Everyone wins.

Los Questiones
     
  1. What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do?
  2. What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?
  3. Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar?
  4. Does it bother you as much as me when people misspell altar as alter? (Just kidding!)
  5. Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?
  6. What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?
  7. Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite?
  8. What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with?
  9.  
Comments are open until Saturday. Comment away!

p.s. Someone loved me enough to nominate my blog for the Best Homeschool Teen Blog for the 7th annual homeschool blog awards, which I didn't know existed until this afternoon. Whoever you are, I love you too. I feel guilty about asking you to vote for me, so I won't, but please do, and if you don't, vote for Aspire because I absolutely love that blog.

You Might Also Like

21 impressions

  1. A bunch of young people? Well. I'm out. BUT, I *can* answer #4.

    YES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for me I want to have my first kiss be upon engagement. But then I'm extremely romantic. Yet with all of my heart I want to follow God's design for my courtship and wait on His timing for the perfect guy.
    I enjoy reading your posts. They are so encouraging. :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Here are my thoughts:

    1. What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do? I love that courtship encourages families to get to know each other, rather than just the couple as in dating.
    2. What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase? Physical touch. To me it is so important that a couple love each other for who the person is... not how it feels when they're holding hands, hugging, etc. Additionally, simple things often lead to bigger, worse things... so by choosing to not touch, you put up a safeguard for yourself.
    3. Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar? The Altar. I have a very dear friend who's first kiss was at engagement. Sad to say, her fiancé broke off the engagement a couple of weeks before the wedding, and she regretted that she had kissed him at engagement. 4. Does it bother you as much as me when people misspell altar as alter? (Just kidding!) HA! I know this isn't for real... but YES! it does! =]
    5. Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince Charming? (1) Love God, put Him first in everything, and have a real relationship with Him (2) Honor those in authority over him (parents, pastor, etc.), (3) Spiritual fruit evident in his life
    6. What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor? Talking bad about someone behind their back.
    7. Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite? Yes, opposites attract. Because the two become one, an opposite will make you complete. Although it can sometimes be frustrating to deal with someone different than me, I believe I could live with and love my opposite.
    8. What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with? The "Dating Around" theory... it makes me cringe. If you can't understand a persons character by simply being friends with them... something is definitely wrong. Also, when you are in a dating relationship, you act differently than you really are to try to impress someone - how is that supposed to help you get to know someone????

    That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

    Blessing in Christ,
    Holly Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4.  
    What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you?
    Lots of parental involvement!

    Is there something you positively would not or have to do?
    Date casually or a non-Christian.

    What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?
    Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar?
    In my mind, the wedding day; at the altAr or in private beforehand, that's up to the couple. But kisses are so much more romantic and special if they're reserved for a specific place and time.

    Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?
    Understanding, patience, ability to laugh

    What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?
    Swearing, rudeness to mother/sister/older women, out of taste jokes.

    Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite?
    Depends on the kind of opposite. If he was intelligent, but disliked English and chemistry, okay, maybe. If he was a non-Christian or much younger than me in Christ, then absolutely not.

    What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with?
    Do it now! Gaaah, people, I WANT to wait for my first relationship--for several years yet (I'm 17).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom asked me to hack your blog to get people to vote - but I suppose that idea just got shot down.

    Anyways, now you can hear the proffesional answers...*ahem*

    1.What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do? Welp. I like the idea that you'd never be alone. Dad would be the first person who he would go to. And then I'll get Chase and Badger to hold interegation. ;D

    2.What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase? Eating spaghetti.

    3.Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar? The altar.

    4. ;o)

    5.Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming? I haven't thought about it.

    6.What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor? If he likes football. Or if he can't face up to Daddy. ;)

    7.Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite? Well, I live with you Bailey, so I suppose I might be able to. ;)

    8.What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with? Glass slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here it goes [I'll answer a few of the questions, not them all, if you don't mind]-



    What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?

    Spending time alone together, hugging for long periods of time, kissing.


    Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar?

    I'm pretty sure I'm going to save my first kiss for the wedding day, but I'm not hundred percent sure. Having all those people there for my first kiss . . . I'm not too happy with that, but then I'm sure there will be plenty of other kisses alone.


    Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?

    Godly, will be a leader, has a heart for missions.


    What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?

    some one who is a none believer or is immature.


    There you go, hope that helps at least a tad bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment is so long that I had to break it up into two parts.


    I’ve never been in a romantic relationship. Thus, my only knowledge is from observation.

    1: It saddens and sometimes irritates me to see teenagers cluster away from other friends to hang out with their date instead of investing in other friendships too. There is a 90% chance that you'll end up breaking up with the person, so why give your exclusive attention to them when you could be friends with them and others.

    I honestly do not see the point of teenage dating. The chance that you’ll actually marry the person is extremely slim. I don’t see the point of investing your time, energy, and emotion in someone when the relationship is only temporary. If you’re only friends with them, then you’re not wasting your time and won’t end up with a broken heart.

    I also don't approve of teenagers "courting". Courting is in pursuit of marriage, thus fifteen year olds in a relationship are not courting, they're dating. I would argue that it isn't appropriate to be in a relationship at that age anyway, but regardless whether you approve of it or not, it is silly to call it courting just because you think it sounds more "Christian".

    As for what I do approve of, I like to see people who meet someone special and enjoy spending time with them, but have the perspective of knowing this might not last forever, and arrange their ideas and behavior around that so that they don’t give their heart away. If you think it’s going to last forever, then you’ll most likely end up with your heart broken.

    It’s good to get know someone, not just go out on dates. When dating, you’re going to put your best foot forwards and probably end up being false. Just getting to know someone in a more casual setting is going to give you a much better idea of whom they really are and if you could have a potential future together.

    2: It’s hardly necessary to say that sexual intimacy should be off limits. Also, I believe that kissing should be off-limits as well as “touching”, and spending long times alone together. Even if you remain a virgin until marriage, the “little” things you have done will still have chipped away at your purity. You will have given away little pieces of yourself to all the others you have dated instead of being whole and complete in purity for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's part 2:

    Beyond boundaries in physical contact, I believe there should be boundaries in what you say to the person, though this would be relative to the relationship stage. What I mean is that if you’re dating someone, don’t share with them the deepest secrets and desires of your heart, because if you break up with them, it will make it harder, and you’ll likely regret saying certain things to them.

    3: The first kiss belongs at the altar, NEVER on a first date! As for the engagement, most couples will share a kiss then. I personally do not like the idea; however, if the couple has promised themselves to one another, it’s not quite as big a deal as kissing in a dating relationship.

    5: I would want my prince charming to have the following three traits:

    1. A heart for God.
    2. Loyalty. I don’t just mean marital fidelity, but loyalty in a broader sense.
    3. Wit. ;)


    6: There are a lot of things which turn me off in a potential suitor. One is wandering eyes, someone who is a flirt and tries to get the attention of girls, or someone who is not a Christian or who claims to be one but is not living for God. Someone who did not respect women and selfishly used them to satisfy his own desires, be it physically or emotionally, would also turn me off.

    8: One myth that troubles me is how people think that unrequited love is romantic, when in fact the person is wasting their time and emotional energy pining after someone who will never love them back.
    Another that confuses me is how Christians will say that God will lead you to the right person if you wait long enough. Don’t panic, because I agree with this! It’s just that then, when there’s someone at last for the person who’s waited, some people will automatically assume that the relationship is within God’s will for them.

    I'm sorry that this is so lengthy! I tried to cut down on the length, but there was just so much I wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving all this wisdom and insight! Keep it up! (And thanks for helping me out.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do?
    My parents would have to be involved, and if for some reason that was not possible, then there would need to be another older couple that could oversee us. His parents, preferably, or another godly couple/family.

    I would want us to wait to kiss until the wedding, and maybe not even touch or hold hands until then (and not hugging either). It may seem a little crazy to not even hold hands during engagement, but I think I would prefer it.

    2. What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase? Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar? The first kiss belongs at the altar.

    I'd say kissing is off limits, and for myself, probably touching them as well. (An accidental brush is not something to have a heart attack about though.) Also, saying 'I love you' should be reserved for when you're engaged, otherwise emotions can take over the courtship.


    3. Does it bother you as much as me when people misspell altar as alter? (Just kidding!)
    =) I actually do notice misspellings like that, and prefer the correct spelling.

    4. Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?

    a. possessing a love for God and others, and a burden for the unsaved. (not necessarily a missionary, though)

    b. self sacrificing in his everyday life

    c. Encouraging and pointing everyone's focus to the Lord, even if with only his deeds, and not always with words


    5. What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?
    Potential suitor would mean he is already a Christian (otherwise he wouldn't be a potential, and wouldn't be allowed to be a suitor). So, some things that would turn me off:

    -if he avoids work consistently
    -if I already know we disagree on something major regarding acting on our beliefs, like infant baptism
    -if he is obsessed with something like Lord of the Rings



    6. Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite?
    It is true (boys and girls are opposites! =)

    I live with people who are opposites of me, and I still love them. However, I hope I don't marry someone exactly opposite of myself in all ways. If they are opposite of me in some ways, then yes. If in all ways, then probably no. Then we would never agree on anything. I expect to marry someone who is partly like me, partly opposite of me, and hopefully mostly like Christ.


    7. What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with?
    I don't really struggle with any myths.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Mawwiage...mawwiage is what bwings us togethaw today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam withing a dweam..."

    Well, no one else said it so I had to ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment will have a decidedly male approach to it but as you didn't specify, here goes:

    1. Chivalry: I feel the need to open the door, pay for, and protect my significant other.

    2. Too much physical touch. A hug for a comforting moment or a special moment but that's it. (Period!)

    3. I have no idea about when the first kiss should be other than... NOT on the first date.

    4. Of course, you know it does.

    5. My Princess Charming must have:
    1) God Lover
    2) Trustworthy
    3) Has a Mind (Not Superficial)

    6. Swearing

    7. I've always been told that complimenting opposites attract. What that means, I can't exactly explain.

    8. I don't struggle with any myths about love and dating because I've never dated before. There! The myth that it's okay to date before 18. I feel that it is wrong but it's all I see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1-definatly group dating! Never going alone with a boy...always with a group of friends, or with family
    2-A rather obvious thing, of course, and also for me kissing. My first kiss will be on the alTAR.
    3-Whoops. Got a bit ahead of myself...See 2:)
    4-lol
    5-Strong Christian, trustworthy, loving
    6-Well, a non-Christian, or someone who didn't respect me/my beleifs and convictions
    7-I'm not so sure....I guess it would depend on what he was oppisite is
    8-Not sure...
    -Alex
    www.bigsisterofmany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. The traditional dating scene doesn't appeal to me at all, but sometimes the legalism of some courtships doesn't, either! Some aspects of courtship I do like are that the parents and families are greatly involved (though I don't believe the couple can never, ever be alone) and that the couple is working towards marriage, not indefinite "dating."

    2. There's something that should obviously be off limits. :) I say everything except hand holding, quick hugs, and the occasional kiss (and I don't mean lengthy ones). But I do think these things should be put off as long as possible and should only happen when the couple has been together for a long time and is close to engagement or marriage.

    3. The first kiss definitely does not belong on the first date. But I don't plan on waiting until the altar, either. I don't want my first kiss to be in front of a lot of family and friends! I'm sorry, but it sounds really awkward and unromantic to me (though I understand how a lot of girls want that and think it's romantic). I think a kiss at an engagement is perfectly acceptable and proper.

    4. Yes. :)

    5. Three good traits:
    - Integrity. This includes close relationship with God and all sorts of fruit from that.
    -Honesty.
    -Humor? I don't really know how to phrase this. I just mean that he likes to laugh and he's fun, and that I enjoy being with him.

    6. Swearing, arrogance, someone who's not very bright (I don't want a genius, but I don't particularly want a Mr. Collins, either. Just an intelligent guy), and using tobacco (may not be an issue for some people, but where I live it's very common amongst young men).

    7. I'm not sure. I don't think I could live with and love someone (as a husband) who was my complete opposite. We have to have some things in common, anyway. But personality wise, I could definitely love someone who was opposite from me enough that we would complement each other.

    8. I don't know...Maybe that a husband will complete you. I know that we girls know deep down that only God can complete us and make us whole, and that we have to love Him before we can truly love a husband. But sometimes we still fall for the belief that a guy will fulfill us and make our lives perfect.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! Here are my answers:

    1. What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do?

    A: It's very important to me to have my parents involved. I think the ideal dating/courtship situation would be to have my potential husband hang out with me and my family as a group. That way, the pressure wouldn't be on me to entertain or keep up the conversation for a really long time. I could relax a little more, be myself, and the burden keeping the conversation going wouldn't rest entirely on my shoulders. It would also be a great way for my parents to get to know the guy and give me their opinion on him.

    2. What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?

    A: I have the same opinion as several of the other commenters. Touch should be off limits. I completely agree with Carrie, though: "An accidental brush is not something to have a heart attack about."

    3. Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar?

    A: I used to think I wouldn't mind kissing after getting engaged, but I've changed my mind. I don't want to disregard the possibility that an engagement could be terminated (and it would be terrible if a kiss led to something more), and there's something special about saving your first kiss for the wedding day. =) That's what I want to do!

    5. Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?

    A: That's a hard one. Off the top of my head:
    #1: He must be seeking God first in every area of his life.
    Never mind, I was wrong. That was an easy question to answer. That completely covers it. If he's seeking God in every area of his life, he will desire to love me, work hard, be responsible, and all the other stuff I want in a husband. =)

    6. What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?

    A: Lots of things. I'm especially turned off by guys who think they are God's gift to women, though. I also really dislike boisterous, loud, and foolish guys.

    7. Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite?

    A: I guess we'll see if I marry someone with a personality the opposite of mine!

    8. What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with?

    A: I dunno. Never mind, I do. "If you don't have a boyfriend, you must not be desirable." I've never once had a boyfriend, so I've had to battle that thought many times!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh, I feel kinda weird filling this out because I'm only almost-14, but I'm going for it anyway merely because I am opinionated. I KNOW what I WANT! *stomp, stomp*

    What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do? -- Like Holly Lou, I love the idea of families getting to know each other. I like to think of me and my love interest doing yucky work together to see how we'd handle it. :) I have to go to Six Flags with him. (Kidding! But seriously, that would be fun.)

    What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?
    Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar? -- My dad very strongly feels that the kiss should be at the altar, so I don't even have to decide what I think about that. I do feel that hand holding, hugging, cheek-kissing, etc. is fine in engagement.

    Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming? -- Humble and devoted Christianity, strong masculinity, and sweetness.

    What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor? -- A guy whose pants are falling down. :) On a more serious note, someone who didn't respect and/or protect me.

    Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite? -- Yes, and yes! As long as the differences were those of personality, quirks, etc., and not faith, that would be such fun.

    What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with? -- The idea that once I meet up with this guy, and especially after I get married to him, I'll suddenly be perfect because there will never be anything to get upset about...

    ReplyDelete
  17. #1. I'd say the practice of getting to talk one-on-one is what I like best about dating. Not necessarily alone (bad things can happen...) but at least in an atmosphere where you can find out who the person really is.

    I would want there to be lots of prayer involved in any relationship - let alone a romantic one. I think both parties should really seek God throughout the dating/courtship period. Questions like "Is this the one you have for me?" and "What is your will for me?" can only be answered honestly by the Lord.

    #2.I wouldn't want there to be any huggy-lovey type stuff. That's a big no-no for me. To me dating isn't a game. Dating is the time to find out about a man that could be the one you'll be spending the rest of your life with! It's not about the physical side of things at all.

    #3.The first kiss belongs at the alar, most definately. Our bodies can begin to be "turned on" for further intimacy when the lips are kissed, and that further intimacy shouldn't be toyed with before marriage.

    #4. :P Yeah, it bugs me...but it's not that bad. (Oh, Bailey..*rolls eyes* lol:)

    #5. He would have to be filled with the Holy Spirit, seek God in everything and follow God's leadership even when he doesn't understand or want to. If a man does these things he may have flaws but God will be able to continue perfecting him since the man is surrendered completely to Him.

    #6. Firstly, if he wasn't in the faith, secondly, if he claimed to be in the faith but wasn't really sincere with/about God (just going to church and hangin' out), thirdly if I could see that he was not born-again.

    #7. Absolutely.God gives us grace and even though there would probably be pet-peeves, If I surrender to God, His love will shine through even when I don't feel like loving.

    #8. As for myths...I'm not sure. Maybe the idea that dating, etc. is something "fun" to do. It's actually a very serious thing.

    Fun, fun! :) Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I am an "old" married woman, so you can't count my responses, and I am not Christian, so you doubly can't count them, but this looks like so much fun I can't resist! Also, in thinking about this I feel that while on the surface my responses are going to be radically different from those you have already received, I think at heart we want very close to the same things and spiritually we are not as far off as might at first appear. So, here goes!

    1. I am a strong believer in being friends first. I have been described as wanting a "When Harry Met Sally" relationship, but I think this can also be viewed as wanting to court *before* I date. In any case my husband and I were friends for years before we started "dating" and I think that was an important factor in the strength of our marriage.

    2. Either member of the relationship pressuring at all the other to do more than that person is ready for. This means not only physical contact beyond what either person is comfortable with, but also making promises or even saying "I love you." (Not that saying this is off limits, but expecting it before a person is ready is.) You will find the theme in my responses is no hard fast rules and strictly defined limits but more an attitude of take things slow and respect each other.

    3. I think the first kiss belongs at the first date, but remember from my response to question 1, I had been friends with my husband for years and we had spent a lot of time together before we moved our relationship to the next level. In a way, I think about this question in reverse: I define as our "first date" the night we first kissed because that is the night we agreed to stop being "just friends". Also, I believe in avoiding putting limits on ourselves based on outside, arbitrary standards, and listening to our hearts. I lived with my husband for over a year before we got engaged, but when I told people that I was engaged, some friends reacted with a confused, "weren't you already?" because it was obvious to everyone who knew us that we would be married someday. Along the same lines, I have no problems with pre-marital sex, but I am definitely opposed to sex outside a loving committed relationship. I was not raised with religious rules and the idea of "saving myself" for my husband, but I have never been with any other man, so the end result is the same.

    4. YES

    -- continued in next post! --

    ReplyDelete
  19. . . . and here's the rest of my rambling.

    5. The three essentials for me are intelligence, a sense of honor and moral decency, and strength of character/personality. And that he love me. That last one isn't really a trait, so I am assuming I can have that too, because it is definitely a must have. And if I argue that "tall" is really a neutral trait, can he be tall too? LOL

    6. Stupidity. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but it does. I cannot bear being around stupid people for any length of time. At least I know that about myself. My other major turn-off is lying/dishonesty.

    7. I think opposites do attract, and I think it is important to be aware of that and be very cautious because, to answer the second part, no I could not live with and love my opposite. My husband is very different from me in many ways, but in the really big important things - our values, our goals in life, our philosophy on raising children - we are in agreement. I would find it extremely hard to live with someone with whom that was not the case.

    8. I struggle with the idea that dating is a chance to "try things out" and we should enter relationships with the idea that they will most likely end. This seems horribly pessimistic and even pointless to me. On the other hand, when my husband and I became "more than friends" it was pretty terrifying and I remember telling myself "You are not committing the rest of your life here!". I had to tell myself that to have the courage to take that first step, but that might be because deep down inside I knew I *was* committing myself. I had no cold feet or wedding day jitters because I had already done that. By the time I got married there was no doubt in my mind that I was marrying the man I was meant to be with and that it would be forever. I still feel that way. :-)

    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm, I haven't thought about this for a while.
    #1
    What dating or courting practices/ideas appeal to you? Is there something you positively would not or have to do?
    --I think a courting practice I like is having the man over at your house with your family, getting to know them as well as you, and making things less awkward.
    And, in courting, I would prefer little touching. It is better to get to know the guy before your hormones take over your brain. ;)
    #2
    What should be off limits during the courting/dating phase?
    --Snuggling. And tickling. Once again, too much touching for my comfort level.
    #3
    Does the first kiss belong at the first date, the engagement or the altar?
    --The alter---uh, altar. Or sometime after the marriage. Like previous commenters have said, there is risk in kissing before then. You could split up, or the temptation might be too much.
    #4
    Does it bother you as much as me when people misspell altar as alter? (Just kidding!)
    --Well, no. I didn't realize it was two different spellings until I read that question. :(
    #5
    Suppose that everyone in the world could possess only three good traits. What are your three must haves for your Prince(ss) Charming?
    --Assuming he is a Christian already:
    Gentleness
    Courage
    Self Control
    #6
    What would immediately turn you off in a potential suitor?
    --If he showed disrespect, and if he started trying to make me do things I didn't want to do. :P
    #7
    Is it true that opposites attract? Could you live with (and love!) your opposite?
    --As long as we're talking about the good kind of opposite, then yes, I could. I think we could be very happy, actually.
    #8
    What's the biggest myth about love and dating that you struggle with?
    --Maybe that you have to know lots of men to have any hope of finding a husband.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)