Speak for Me

7:30 AM


Can God powerfully work through average Christians? Overwhelming evidence says...yes!

For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
-- 1 Corinthians 1:26-29

p.s. My video editor walked out on me halfway through my passionate discourse on Moses. Just make up something in your head to match my facial expressions. Peanut butter. Bad French poodle haircuts. Psychoneuroimmunology. Whatever works for you.

You Might Also Like

14 impressions

  1. Because of pride...wanting recognition...hmmm.

    Thank you for another enjoyable video, Bailey. You look suspiciously like you're sitting on the top bunk. ;) Thank you so much for giving me another lesson to chew on.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Bunkers unite! I'm of the belief that the older one gets, the more she should fight for top bunk privileges. More shelf space. ;o)

    By the way, Room, meet Aemi. Aemi, meet my room. And my blue Scottie dog pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops,I was hoping that you couldn't hear the door open in the video! That was me. Yup. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Bailey! I'm just bursting with excitement to leave a comment on this post!!! (Yes, by the way, I overcame the glitch with my computer which was forbidding me to leave comment. Solution? Use a different web browser. Now I can comment again :)

    Okay, so I listened to your lovely video this morning before I headed off for a day at school. It really struck a chord with me as I had been praying a lot for an opportunity to be a light for Christ at school, but I feel to inadequate to speak to others about Him. I watched your video this morning and it encouraged me so much! Then at school today, the Lord gave me an opportunity to talk with one of my drawing classmates. She began to open up about some things in her life and was asking me questions about what church I go to and why I do certain things. It's so exciting to see God answer a prayer in this way. We're getting together on Monday to talk some more :) Anyway, I just had to share that with you and thank you for your post!!

    On to serious topics of lesser importance, what's this about older siblings taking the top bunk and fighting to defend there rights on such topics? I think not!!! I am currently sitting contentedly on my bottom bunk as I write this comment, actually. The bottom bunk is far superior for many reasons:
    1) Bottom bunk owner gets the nightstand, lamp, drawer, and bookshelf space :)
    2) Bottom bunk owner does not have to risk losing their head to the ceiling fan.
    3) Bottom bunk owner does not have to endanger their life while falling sleepily down a ladder at 5:30 in the morning to get out of bed.
    4) Bottom bunk owner is able to post Bible verses on the bottom of the upper mattress to memorize at night.
    5) Bottom bunk owner is more easily able to kneel and pray when the lights are out.

    The list could continue, but I need to get back to homework so I'll stop there for the moment.

    Have a great evening!

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy!!! That's AWESOME! I will pray, pray, pray that the Lord will use you to speak His truth and grace to your friend. That's just so exciting! *happy dance* I love how God works. I love how this whole Christian life deal works out. *HUGS* Let me know how it goes!

    HSAT, it gives me great pleasure to argue for the Top Bunkers Unite!, the elite group of older siblings who know what's good for them and everybody else too, for that matter.

    (1) As it stands in our house, all the shelving and dresser-top space is well-above bottom bunk level. If you want to practice your ignoring the alarm clock skills, you gotta go for the top bunk, sister.

    (2) Top Bunkers consider it a duty to protect their younger siblings from the dangers of ceiling fans. To do anything less would be selfish.

    (3) So it goes with the ladder business. Not to mention that it greatly entertains the younger sisters when you topple off the bed. It's all for the children.

    (4) I, er, uggle, um, well.....there's always the ceiling!

    (5) *crickets chirp* Are you suggesting I'm wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 67% of the non-Bailey commenters are Amies/Aemis. Who'd've thunk?

    (I think the pink aliens got the rest.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pride. It's what keeps me from doing what God has called me to do. I'm so concerned with what people think of me, more than anything else. That is the root of the fear holding me back. Wow, this is totally one of those "lightbulb" moments!

    I love how you shared that verse about Moses. I stumbled across it a few weeks ago in my reading, and felt like it really related to what I've been going through. It's now highlighted furiously with my favorite pen. :)

    I felt like this video was just for me. I really needed to hear this, Bailey.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't think of anything profound to comment on as far as the vlog goes, but I do have something to say on the top-bunkers idea. What if you were say... like me... and you were worried that the top bunk would fall? That would kill your younger siblings you were trying to protect.

    I just got away from the little pink aliens. They were not as happy today as they usually are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I share this on Facebook? I think it might help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mia, in a way it was just for you. I so enjoy your writing (and I mean really, really love) and when I read your recent post, I was like, "NO! She has to understand how amazing she is!"

    Tuathal, you may, IF you link back to me and IF you make sure only beautiful things are said about me. ;o)

    And I'm sorry everybody can't accept my views on top bunks. It frustrates me very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, thank you, Bailey. That really, really makes me feel loved.

    I think, as you said in the video, sometimes Satan just wants to destroy the good work God is doing in our life. If he can make us feel insecure about who we are and what we do, he can prevent us from being the most effective ambassador of God's kingdom that we can be. I was letting him get a hold in my life. Thank you for helping me realize this!

    And, on a lighter note, I slept on a bunk bed for, oh, 8-ish years? I always preferred the top bunk. I'll admit, it was for selfish reasons. But, I mean, if the thing collapses, would you want to be the one on the bottom?

    I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you, Bailey's (very pink and cute) room and pillow. :)
    I personally sleep on the bottom bunk, on the outside side. (The bottom bunk is a double.) Reason being...I handle sharing a bed the best. Every night I have to push little sister out of the way so that I can snuggle in. ;)
    Bailey, you have such good things to say. I'm glad you're saying them.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for top bunkers! (Rah, rah, rah!) Is it common, I wonder, for the oldest sibling to get the top bunk?

    To Amy: the ceiling is definitely close enough in my bunk bed to tape scriptures up, but I had never thought of it. What an ingenious idea! I've got to try that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha :) I've enjoyed all your fun comments regarding the bunk bed :)

    Julia--actually, the oldest sibling in each bedroom of our house gets the bottom bunk. It used to be we all fought for the top, but now everyone is completely happy with the arrangement.

    Happy Saturday to y'all :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)