This One's for Alexxus

7:30 AM

My dear Alexxus -- you wanted to hear my slight Northern accent? Here you are. It's not terribly noticeable, and I didn't get a chance to say, "Hi, Alexxus!" but you will hear how Northerners pronounce my name.

Due to the upcoming home school play, a few of us homeschoolers found our way into the local radio station to promote homeschooling and our amazingly hilarious play. If you can fastforward through the commercials and local news, you'll find that we're a pretty awesome bunch to chat with at eight in the morning. Eight in the morning. That explains the bags under the eyes. (*Note*: We're on till the bitter end of the program. Enjoy the Perkin's advertising -- don't listen when hungry, that's for sure.)


They made me sing. 'Nuff said.

You Might Also Like

6 impressions

  1. I'm coming to the play. Just thought you should know. ;)

    *sigh* No, I'm actually not. I'm already committed to helping out with a historical society event this weekend. Besides that complication (along with the slight distance from Georgia to Wisconsin and the price of gas), I'd be there. Oh well, I'll attend in imagination anyway. I loved listening to this--y'all did a great job.

    And your voice is so cute. :) I turned the volume on the laptop wayyyy up and called to the family, "Hey y'all! Come listen to Bailey!" lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin -- Leave it to you to say something so sweet. :) *HUGS* I wish you were coming. Be on the lookout for a magical portal that can cover the distance from Georgia to Wisconsin in a snap. We just might get lucky.

    P.S. My voice is cute? Shoot. I thought I sounded intelligent. Just kidding. ;)

    Bethany Grace -- As Meriadoc Brandybuck would say, "It was a compliment, and therefore not true."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Bailey - your voice is cute, yes; intelligent, yes; but NO trace of a northern accent. You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl!!

    (Not that I mind, of course - the main reason that Gene Autry is my favorite singer is because of his Texas pronunciation! I think your accent is lovely.)

    Your play sounds like so much fun! Are you planning to shoot any video during the performance? We'd all love to see it! :-D I hope it goes really, really well for you!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Bailey! I'm sure the play was awesome! Check your email, I sent you a pic from Fiddler on the Roof. :)

    Love, Carilee

    ReplyDelete
  5. OoooH! You've seen Fiddler on the Roof! That's such a favorite here!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)