A Call to War

7:30 AM

To follow close on the heels of the last post, I have to say that there is a mission field out there that is ripe for the harvest. The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. It's heavy work. It's hard work. And it has an incredible impact on the Christian community and the world. It's 24/7 missionary work that ends only with the death of the missionary.

If you really want to pour out your souls, to sacrifice your life for Christ, to do something that actually matters in an eternal way...become a mother.

And not in the biological sense. I mean mother in the verb sense - an active, purposeful ministry that teaches and trains day in and day out.

Too long have mothers had to sit under ignorant proclamations of "going out and doing something for Christ" - when they are the ones slaving to bring their brood of eternal souls to the Savior. Too long have we advocated volunteering to do crafts for children's church or make snacks for Awana programs as superior to the callings at home. Too long have we subtly criticized mother's choices to home school as hindering women from truly serving God and hindering children from being exposed to sound evangelism. We told you - not in so many words - that your personal dreams of motherhood were taking your hands away from the plow.

Mothers, if any missionary work should be aspired to, it's yours. And that's all I have to say.

You Might Also Like

2 impressions

  1. *happy heart* I has a few moms I really want to read this. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bailey, that was so sweet! Now I'm thinking that I don't thank and appreciate my mother nearly enough. Boy, does she deserve praise. But all I usually feel like doing is criticizing. Thank you, Bailey, I am now under conviction.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)