I'm Published!

11:39 PM

Remember that article about those excuses we buy into to get out of helping around the house? It's up on Raising Homemakers today. I am afraid I shall have to refrain from submitting articles anymore, for the overwhelming praise is going to my head.

But I Hate Sewing! (And Other Excuses Homemakers-in-Training Make) - It doesn’t take much for a reluctant homemaker-in-training to argue her way out of practicing her skills…especially if there’s a new book to read. As said reluctant homemaker-in-training, here are the excuses I put to myself when presented with dishes to wash, quilts to sew or a new skill to learn – and the truth that sets me free.

Recall The White Raft? I've been writing up some bloggy articles over there, and I want you to go check it out and tell me what you think!

How to Engage Your Readers - What’s the secret of good blogging? One word. Engage. Engage means to take readers in and involve them, to get them on your hook, so to speak, and keep them there. Engaged readers feel more satisfied, interested and hopefully more comment-happy.

If you're under the age of eighteen and want to get some more publicity for your blog and check out other young people's writings, submit your blog to The White Raft.


P.S. I know I broke my break. But it was on request. And I had to. You understand, of course.

P.S.S. I think I'm going to redefine blog break. For me, blog break means "not obligated to post every other day." Not, "Forgetful of all blogging." For it's not working.

You Might Also Like

8 impressions

  1. Love your posts - feel free to submit more of your fabulous articles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a feeling your break wouldn't last long :) You are now calling me to go to Wal-Mart so I offer hasty congrats...

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bailey~
    I read your post on Raising Homemakers, and would like your permission to print it on my blog. Let me know what you think...without causing you to be puffed up :) I think you do a wonderful job conveying important thoughts to young ladies, and momma's trying to raise them!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Mrs. Sarah Mae! I will definitely be thinking of more Raising Homemakers-worthy posts. You've been so encouraging to me. :o)

    My darling Flop, a sister always knows the future of her sibling. ((hugs))

    *trying to deflate ego* You may certainly use this article on your blog, Mrs. Regan. Thanks for your interest and kind words!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wise beyond your years and blessed probably more than you know. I have found that usually when I am really blessed I am not altogether completely aware of it until years later, I hope someday that comment will make sense to you.

    Until then just know that you give me hope, hope for the youth of this nations and hope that my own children will benefit from the choices I make as I see you benefiting from the choices your parents have made. God bless you young lady, keep on learning, you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Jansky -- what can I say but a big "Praise God!"? You have given me hope today. God bless you for it.

    Love,
    Bailey

    p.s. Be encouraged in raising your little ones! A mother's prayers and example when combined with the grace of God are the most powerful things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go!!!! Great article; loved it!


    ttyl,
    Carilee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations!!! I'm so happy for you, Bailey! I wish I knew about your redefinement of your blog break- I guess I've got a lot of posts to catch up on... Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)