Ordinary Princess

9:30 AM


1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

I love that verse. I tend to treat my spiritual life as a fantasy, sometimes: but this is a core reality. The love the Father lavishes upon us is real and efficacious. It’s improper in its application and reaches to our deepest needs. It creates in us a new life. All other facts pale compared to this one truth: I am a child of God. A child of God. Do you know what that means? It means my Father is the God of the Old Testament and the New Testament, the Creator Who spoke the world into existence, the Lord Who struck Egypt with plagues and led His people out of bondage, the Savior Who suffered to the highest degree, the King Who now rules and judges this earth. He delights in me, as a father delights in his child. I am not a natural daughter; I am adopted, born from the bowels of sin. He birthed me anew. But this is not primarily a doctrine of who I am next to God—it’s about the powerful mercy of the Lord, Who does not consider it humility, though it is, to call me His daughter. Whoever accuses God of being unloving and unmerciful has a warped, wicked view of love and mercy. There is nothing greater than Jesus Christ’s love for His Bride, than the Father’s love for His children.

Lord, why this mercy?

You Might Also Like

7 impressions

  1. That's a wonderful reminder!

    Love you!

    ~Bethany

    P.s. Pretty picture - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled the Twelve Dancing Princesses and found this. Is it not scrumptious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful mystery, and yet I am so thankful as well to be a daughter of the King. Bailey, I am so glad that you take the time to meditate on, digest, and try to articulate these great truths from God.
    Blessings,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mama. This was one of those verses that I just couldn't not explore...it's a beautiful truth. A mystery, like you said. And my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Bailey, you hit it right on the target! This is all so true! Often times, in day-to-day living, we forget that we were bought with a price and are the children of the most high King. I Thank God that He always finds us where we're at and reminds us of this. I'll probably be comming back to this post numerous times!
    ~Lindsey p.s. Nice Picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that was really good Bailey!

    TTYL

    Carilee

    (hugs!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Carilee and Lindsey. One of the exciting parts of this truth is that we will be daily discovering its power for the rest of our lives...and never exhausting the awesome joy and gratitude it lays out.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)