This day in history

11:06 AM

May 28, 2010, the Basement -- What does one talk about in her first post? For there's almost no point in discussing anything serious - you might as well argue with an echo. Neither is there any good in conversing foolishly - who's there to make up the (max.) 2 comments but your best friends saying, "Bailey, you're ridiculous"? And I know that already.

What's the point in saying anything at all? One hasn't written long enough to have the "youencouragemeIloveyousomuch" comments (which, by the way, make up most of the blog feedback I read); conversely, one hasn't written anything inflammatory - and thus, of course, no angry anonymous assassins.

Of course, one could write of nothing at all - but that would leave a foul impression, wouldn't it? To imply one is trivial and goofy?

But then, if one wrote something heroic and good, as if one had been blogging for ten years - that'd be sacrilegious, to ignore something as monumental as a First Blog Post. Or one could do as I, and make a mountain out of a mole hill. Then at least there's something to climb.

Here's to many more edifying and uplifting posts!

Sincerely,
Bailey

You Might Also Like

18 impressions

  1. Good grief is all I can say. If you read it twice it would pass as sentimental or something.

    Does this mean I get to cut the ribbons for the grand opening? (Will you punch a certain brother who is smartly saying, "A period? this needs to be a question mark.")

    Anyways, good luck! To many more interesting posts - and I will be most disagreeable - I promise. :D

    *hugs*

    Flop

    P.s. I think I failed the charity and clarity part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Goose.

    Isn't this cozy? Just you and me in the blogosphere, with all our friends having no clue we even exist. It's the funniest thing I ever heard.

    Love ya, Flop! You're my favorite follower, you know that?

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! *Begins singing "Bailey got a blo-og, Bailey got a blo-og!"* :) Lovely blog design as well as first post. :) Can't wait to read many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Erin! I've been singing that same song - to the annoyance of my poor family. You're so sweet to welcome me to the blogosphere - my second follower. :) (How mercenary, I know.) Love ya!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Joins Erin's song* YAY!!! I can't believe you actually have a blog, *jumps up and down*. Oh, and by the way, I loved your First Blog Post. Can't wait to see more!!
    Love you girl!!
    ~Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza Bayleaf!!! A blog at last!! :D Yay for you, dear! I hope to see MANY posts here. *hahaha, if I had the audacity to complain if you didn't post often, I would be pot calling the kettle black, now wouldn't I?*

    Congratulations my dearest! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love all me friends - you all are too wonderful. :) And we all keep very late nights, too. H'm.

    Thanks for sharing in my joy, Elissa! Love you too!

    Lizzy! LOL - yes, now we can urge each other on to posting regularly. Or we can join Blogging Without Obligation and feel no guilt. Thank you so much! ((hugs))

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bailey,
    I think I'm an official blogger, and I started out on the best one- with my great friend being the author!! I really like this blog, and will certainly be excited to keep visiting and blogging! Proud of you! LOVE!! Stacy

    Bayleaf ,
    I am bubbling over with pride for my beautiful and talented friend ! I love flops doodles ! Super cute ! Love you so much and congrats on your blog ! Lots 'o' Love . Sarah / flerpy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You girls! I'm so touched that you actually became bloggers to follow me little blog...particularly since I just figured out how you could post comments without joining. It was, er, sort of my fault why you could not. *dumb grin* I love y'all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'd like to join this blog-warming party and say "Good Job, Bailey!" May there be many encouraging, thought-provoking, and edifying exchanges happening here at the Little House in the Big Woods. You've got a great group of followers already!
    Love and Hugs,
    Mom
    AKA Mrs. Bergmann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you too, Mum! Thanks for putting up with all my obsessions and dreams. You were sort of the impetus behind this blog...you're always welcome here as the wisest follower of all. ;)

    ((hugs))

    Love,
    Your Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOPs! I mean "big house in the little woods".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new blog! You did a wonderful job, your layout is beautiful, and your first couple posts are really nice! Nice job!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Bailey! I'm so happy for you and I'm excited to be one of your folowers! If you're as faithful as I would not be, you're going to do great!!
    I love ya, sis!
    Love,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let's try this AGAIN.

    I'm so happy for you, Bailey. This is so exciting and I'm so glad to be trying to be one of your followers. :-)
    Love,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Mum - I didn't even catch that. :)

    Pip! Great to have you following! Now where's that big sister of yours? ((hugs))

    KT, wow, thanks for joining us! EXCELLENT job on your speech, by the way. (Flop doubles that.) Love you too, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my, Bailey! If you've read my comment on your dragonslaying story, you'll see that I mistook it for your first post! Why didn't I look at the dates posted? oh well, I love your blog and I hope that you get the fullest enjoyment out of it! Now I've only got one more thing to say to you- youencouragemeIloveyousomuch
    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your best thought! I'm very interested in your unique perspective. If you'd like to discuss things in private, feel free to email me! :)